Pages

Wednesday 1 May 2019

ANZAC Diamante Poem

This week our class has been doing a ANZAC day booklet, one of the activities was called "Words of War". This task was related to poems, we had to find a poem related to ANZAC and do some tasks to explain our interpretation of the poem. The poem I chose was called, "The Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels." By Sapper H "Bert" Beros.

After that task we had to write a poem of our own, we had to write a diamante poem related to ANZAC and war. A diamante poem is a poem that has 7 lines which are unrhymed.

The first line has one noun.
The second line has 2 adjectives.
The third line has 3 verbs.
The fourth line has 4 nouns.
The fifth line has 3 verbs.
The sixth line has 2 adjectives.
The seventh line has one noun.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Manali!
    I really enjoyed doing the Diamante poem as well. It was very cool learning how to do one too. I think you did really well on explaining how a Diamante poem works. What you could work on next time is explaining what an Adjective, Noun, and a Verb is. But other than that you did really well. Great Job!
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Manali! I really liked your post. I really enjoyed reading your diamante poem and I think its really moving and describes the ANZAC war pretty well. A little feedback is that you could've added a finishing sentence or question so people would comment to answer question, but otherwise really cool post Manali!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Manali.
    I love your diamantae poem and I think it really tells me about ANZAC day and what happened.
    KEEP UP THE GREAT LEARNING!

    ReplyDelete